Jobs at FPC
JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM, Friday 8AM-4:30PM; on-site
JOB SUMMARY: The Communications Specialist provides effective communication within the Church family and surrounding communities. This position requires a considerable amount of time, energy, and focus on development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy; to support efforts on the part of staff, officers, and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and message to their target audiences. This position is responsible for adoption, and periodic refinement of FPC’s branding, and our standards manual, so that all internal and external communications are consistent and clear. This position is responsible for the development and execution of a plan that includes a wide range of media applications, from print to digital, in both online and offline environments, and for this reason requires a broad range of communications proficiencies. This position is expected to work on-campus during the work week so as to foster teamwork and collaboration with other members of the Church staff.
- Education- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Communications or Marketing preferred, or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience – Minimum of two years of directly related work experience, with some work in a church setting preferred.
- Communication- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and comprehension.
- Collaboration- Ability to work collaboratively with Church staff, Church leadership, and members of Church committees and groups, displaying flexibility and serving as a fully engaged member of the team and to translate germinal ideas into effective concepts and presentations
- Technology- – Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Email Marketing Platforms, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and the ability to utilize and customize other applications or platforms that may be beneficial. Ability to create communication lists from a large database based on varying search criteria.
- Social Media- Strong aptitude and understanding of web based social media channels and their associated tools, primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Knowledge-Understanding of Presbyterian & Reformed theology beneficial.
FPC STAFF REQUIREMENT:
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be expected to adhere to ongoing COVID guideline updates.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Develop and implement campaigns within a comprehensive communication plan, gauge results and make adjustments to enhance effectiveness or improve efficiencies.
Work closely with the Church Administrator and other members of Church staff to monitor, announce and promote Church activities using a shared Google calendar.
Compile, edit, publish, and issue the First Press weekly newsletter (and other information campaigns as needed) by email, and in print format as may be necessary to reach all members of FPC’s faith community.
Maintain and update the Church website content on a weekly basis, including Upcoming Events, Worship Resources, and Blog in the WordPress platform.
Efficiently and appropriately utilize social media to communicate with the Church family and to the community at large, in accordance with the Church’s social media guidelines.
Oversee use of video monitors in Edge Lobby to provide interesting and engaging communication of the Church ministry and messaging employing custom graphics and attractive visuals.
Design and produce flyers, brochures, posters, signage, etc. as needed that promote and support Church programs and activities, including Church visitor Welcome Folders, material for the Inquirer’s Class, and materials that may be needed by various Church committees.
Work with staff and key leaders to determine current and future communication needs, and regularly evaluate FPC’s technological capabilities as they relate to communications and propose upgrades as necessary.
Design and prepare presentation graphics/overlay for Sunday worship service broadcasts and the Senior Pastor’s Midweek Moment.
Provide support for office operations, including back-up for the Church Office Manager, and provide a monthly report of online worship attendance via Facebook and YouTube.
Provide assistance in support of and to troubleshoot as necessary the Church’s online member account portal (FPC Connects) and application (Church Life) and integrated software (ACS).
Assist in managing members of Google Group email lists for Church School classes, committees, etc., as needed.
To apply, send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include strong Medical with low deductibles, 403b Pension, AD&D, 11 Holidays, and various leaves.
Optional Dental, Vision Eyewear, and additional insurances