Free Virtual Event!
Duke Health is sponsoring a free virtual community event from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on October 26 with the goal of helping connect caregivers to local supports and services. You will have the opportunity to choose from 20 educational sessions and learn from service providers. Speakers in homecare, home health, medical equipment providers and attorneys will teach about topics that are useful to individuals providing care for loved ones.
Examples of topics include:
- workable solutions to dementia behaviors
- understanding advanced directives and living wills
- overcoming compassion fatigue
- hospitalizations and the role of the caregiver
- navigating conversations with loved ones
Co-sponsors of this event are the Dementia Alliance, the Alzheimer’s Association, and the Triangle J Council of Governments.
If you are trying to understand and find help for someone you love, register for this event and get connected to organizations and services that can help you through this difficult time. Register online now »